Terms and Conditions of Use
The following are terms of a legal agreement between you and Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (CSD). By accessing, browsing and/or using this web site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree, to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use this web site. Information may be changed or updated without notice. CSD may also make changes in the content, products, services or programs described in this web site at any time without notice.
CSD assumes no responsibility regarding the accuracy of the information that is provided by CSD and use of such information is at the recipient's own risk. Information on this Web site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. CSD makes no representations whatsoever about any other Web site which you may access through this one. When you access a non–CSD Web site, even one that may contain the CSD trademark, please understand that it is independent from CSD, and that CSD has no control over the content on that Web site. In addition, a link to a non–CSD Web site does not mean that CSD endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such Web site. You are responsible for taking precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, or other items of an invading or destructive nature.
Please note that any information or material sent to CSD will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By sending CSD any information or material, you grant CSD an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that CSD is free to use any ideas, concepts, know–how or techniques that you send us for any purpose.
IN NO EVENT WILL CSD BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR ON ANY OTHER LINKED WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED BY CSD ON AN "AS IS" BASIS ONLY. CSD PROVIDES NO REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Information CSD publishes on the Web may contain references or cross references to CSD products, programs and services that are not announced or available in location. Such references do not imply that CSD intends to announce such products, programs or services in your location. Consult your local CSD business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services which may be available to you.
The text and graphics on this Web site are protected by copyrights of CSD. By furnishing information, CSD does not grant any license to any copyrights, patents or any other intellectual property rights. CSD and CSD–TV is a registered trademark of Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks or copyrighted material are property of their respective owners.
In some cases, specific CSD Web sites may contain other notices about their use and the information practices applicable to those sites. CSD Web sites may contain links to other Web sites. CSD is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other Web sites.
Personal Information Collected
The information we learn from you can help us to personalize your experience when using our Web sites. Following are the types of information we gather.
- Information you provide us: We receive and store any information you provide to us via our Web site or in any other way. For example, you provide information when you search for a product, place an order, request a catalog or catalogs, submit an employment application, ask to be notified on changes to products, provide information in your account (and you might have more than one if you have used multiple email addresses), communicate with us via email, phone, or otherwise, or submit a product review. As a result of these actions, you might provide us with information such as your name, address, phone numbers, credit card information, people to whom purchases have been shipped (including addresses and phone numbers), email addresses of people notified through Tell–A–Friend, and reviews and emails sent to us.
You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the features found on our Web site. We use the information that you provide for purposes such as responding to your requests and questions, customizing your experience on our Web site, and communicating with you.
- Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many other websites, we use "cookies" which obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website. Examples of information we collect and analyze include the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login name/email address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and computer platform; purchase history (sometimes used to create our Bestseller's list); the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; and products viewed or searched for.
Visit the Federal Trade Commission's website for more information about online privacy.
- Email communications: To help us make emails more useful, CSD may receive confirmation when you open an online account with us. We may also share our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not wish to receive email or other correspondence from CSD, please adjust your account preferences.
- Information from other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Examples include updated delivery and address information from our shipping carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication; account information, purchase or redemption information; search term and search result information from Internet search engines; and credit history information from credit bureaus which we use to help detect and prevent fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your web browser. They enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as the storage or transfer of items added your shopping cart between visits or before account login.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most web browsers provide information on how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies, how to have the browser notify you before receiving a new cookie, or how to disable your browser from accepting any cookies. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of the features on our website, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Sharing of information
CSD does not sell information about our customers to others. Information security
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
- Your credit card number is not transmitted in any emails transmitted to you when confirming a purchase order. In addition, once orders have been processed, credit card numbers are deleted from our computer systems.
- Your employment application will be shared only with authorized personnel within our organization necessary to process your application. Information in the application shall remain confidential and will not be used for any other purpose than review and consideration for employment.
- You can protect yourself against unauthorized use of your account information by signing off when you have finished using our Web site or using a shared computer.
CSD gives you access to a wide range of information about your account for the limited purpose of viewing and/or updating that information. Examples of information you can easily access include information regarding recent orders; personal information (including name, email address, password, communications preferences, address book, product notification settings); email notification settings; and recommendations (including purchase history and product reviews). Of course the list may change as our websites evolve.
Choices you have
1. As mentioned above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it may be required to make a purchase or to use features on the website.
2. You can add or update certain information such as those listed in the "Accessible information" section above.
3. If you do not wish to receive email or other correspondence from CSD, please adjust your account preferences or notify CSD.
4. The Help portion of the toolbar on most web browsers provide information on how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies, how to have the browser notify you before receiving a new cookie, or how to disable your browser from accepting any cookies. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of the features on our website, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Visit the Federal Trade Commission's website for more information about online privacy.
CSD does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18 years of age, you may use the CSD website with the involvement of a parent or guardian only.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use the CSD website, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of South Dakota. If you have any concerns about privacy at CSD, please send a thorough description to email@example.com and we will try to resolve it.